Growing tips for Amaranthus Red
1. Start Amaranthus Red seeds indoors about 10 weeks before the last expected frost in your area.
2. Sow seeds 1/4 inch deep in a tray filled with moist, sterile seed-starting mix.
3. Keep the soil moist but not soggy and place the tray in a warm spot with plenty of light.
4. Thin out seedlings to 4 inches apart when they have their 2nd set of true leaves.
5. Transplant outdoor when the danger of frost has passed and the soil is warm.
6. Plant the seedlings 12 inches apart in a sunny spot with well-draining soil.
7. Water the plants regularly, especially during dry spells.
8. Fertilize the plants with a balanced fertilizer every two weeks.
9. Harvest the seed heads when they turn brown and store them in a cool, dry place.