Growing tips for Beet
1. Start seeds indoors, 6-8 weeks before the last frost date in your area. Plant the seeds in soil about ½ inch deep.
2. Once the seedlings are about 2 inches tall, thin them out to about 4-6 inches apart.
3. Transplant the seedlings into the garden when the soil has warmed up in spring.
4. Plant the seedlings in rows, spacing them 4-6 inches apart, in a sunny location.
5. Water the beets regularly to keep the soil moist but not soggy.
6. Mulch around the plants to help retain moisture and keep weeds down.
7. Fertilize the beets every 2-4 weeks with a balanced fertilizer.
8. Harvest beets when they are about 2-3 inches in diameter.