Growing tips for Cabbage
1. Plant cabbage seeds in early spring, when the soil temperature is between 45 and 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Plant cabbage seeds ½ to 1 inch deep in rows spaced 18 to 24 inches apart, with at least 6 inches of space between each seed.
3. Water the seeds regularly so that the soil is always moist.
4. Thin out the seedlings when they reach about 3 inches tall, leaving only the strongest plants in each row.
5. Add organic matter such as compost or aged manure to the soil to ensure proper drainage and improve fertility.
6. Fertilize the plants once or twice during the growing season with a balanced fertilizer.
7. Mulch around the plants to conserve moisture, prevent weeds, and keep the soil cool.
8. Keep an eye out for pests and diseases and take appropriate action if any are found.
9. Harvest the heads when they are firm and solid.