Growing tips for Cosmos
1. Plant in an area of your garden that receives at least six hours of direct sunlight each day.
2. Prepare the soil by loosening it and adding organic matter such as compost.
3. Plant your cosmos in the ground or in containers at least one foot apart.
4. Water your cosmos deeply but infrequently, allowing the soil to dry out between waterings.
5. Deadhead spent flowers regularly to encourage re-blooming.
6. To encourage bushier growth and more flowers, pinch back the stems after the first round of blooms.
7. Provide extra support to tall varieties by staking them or planting them next to a trellis or fence.
8. Fertilize your cosmos every few weeks with a balanced fertilizer.