Growing tips for Cucumber (Khira)
1. Plant cucumber khira seeds (kakadi) in full sun and soil that is loose and well-draining.
2. Sow the seeds in rows, spaced at least 18 inches apart, and cover them lightly with 1/4 inch of soil.
3. Water the soil and keep it moist, but not soggy, until the seeds have germinated.
4. Thin the seedlings to one every 18 inches when they have grown to 2 to 3 inches tall.
5. Fertilize the cucumber plants with a balanced fertilizer when they reach 6 inches tall.
6. Provide a trellis or other support for the cucumber vines to grow on, as they can reach up to 8 feet in length.
7. Water the plants regularly, keeping the soil evenly moist.
8. Harvest the cucumbers when they reach full size, usually about 8 inches long.