Growing tips for Onion Red
1. Plant onion seeds in early spring as soon as the soil can be worked.
2. Work the soil deeply and break apart any clumps of soil.
3. Plant the seeds 1/2 inch deep and 1 inch apart.
4. Water regularly to keep the soil moist.
5. Thin the seedlings to 4-6 inches apart when they are 2-3 inches tall.
6. Fertilize the onion plants with a balanced fertilizer when they are 6 inches tall.
7. Protect plants from onion maggots by covering the soil with a layer of straw or hay.
8. Harvest when the tops of the onions start to yellow and flop over.