Growing tips for Peas
1. Plant peas in early spring as soon as the soil can be worked. Peas can tolerate a light frost so you may be able to plant them a bit earlier than other vegetables.
2. Plant the seeds 1 to 2 inches deep, about two inches apart. If planting in rows, space the rows two to three feet apart.
3. Peas need full sun and well-drained, nutrient-rich soil. If your soil is heavy, add organic matter such as compost or aged manure.
4. Water your peas regularly, especially when they are flowering and setting fruit.
5. Control weeds around your plants with mulch or by hand-weeding.
6. Fertilize your peas when they are flowering and setting fruit.
7. Harvest your peas when they are ripe. This is usually when the pods have filled out and are plump, but before they start to get tough.