Growing tips for Watermelon Black
1. Plant your watermelon in a sunny location with well-draining soil.
2. Space watermelon plants 3 to 4 feet apart, in rows spaced 6 to 8 feet apart.
3. Add a layer of organic compost to your soil before planting.
4. Water your watermelon plants deeply and regularly, providing 1 to 2 inches of water per week.
5. Mulch around your watermelon plants to help retain moisture and control weeds.
6. Fertilize your watermelon plants with a balanced fertilizer when they reach 6 inches in height.
7. Hand-pollinate your watermelon flowers to ensure a successful crop.
8. Remove any damaged or diseased fruit as soon as possible to ensure the health of your plant.
9. Harvest your watermelon when it is ripe, usually when the tendril nearest to the fruit has dried up and turned brown.